Introducing Advanced Search For Your Website
On your Vacation Labs website, customers can now search for tours and apply predefined filters on these searches. A lot of our clients asked for this feature, especially if their end customers look for tours based on certain criteria. With filters, end customers can have a deeper engagement with your website.
What is An Advanced Search Filter?
As an example, a customer can type ‘Delhi tours’ into the search bar and receive a list of 25 Delhi tours/packages. On the left, they will now see options/ filters to narrow this search down based on specific pre-set criteria.
Advanced Search has the following filter options-
- Tour departure dates: Customers can pick date ranges when they want to take the tour. All tours which are open on those dates will be displayed.
- Price range: All tours which fall within the price range mentioned by the customer will be filtered out for display. The list is displayed as check-boxes which the customer can pick any number of.
- Tour collection: If the customer wants a specific type of tour from your collections (pre-created collections like food tours, cycle tours, etc.) he can pick one or many categories.
- Location: This filter option allows customers to filter their searches based on locations they want to travel to, to experience your tours.
- Custom: You can add other custom filters too depending on your requirement. Our team will help you set this up- we’re just a call away!
How to create Advanced Search filters?
To set up Advanced Search filters for your Vacation Labs website, you need to request our team for the feature. Contact us here.
Once enabled, click ‘Settings’ in back-office and open ‘Trip Custom Form’. You can create custom fields here- use ‘Define Custom Field’. Next, add field type (eg. pick option from list) and restrictions. Click ‘Done’.
(*Note- for the display options as seen in the screenshot, the drop down and dropdown/ select box do not allow customers to select more than one option. It is useful if your tours do not appear in more than one category.)
The search fields need to be assigned to relevant tours. Open the tours in the back-office and go to ‘Basics Details’. Select the relevant options (which appear on these pages) and ‘Save’ (See the image below).
Finally, inform our support team once the changes are made. They will enable these for you.
Hope this feature is very useful to you!