We’re going after the “Tours & Activities” market, pegged at 500Bn$ globally, give or take.
The sightseeing tour. The scuba dive. The walking tour. The trekking trip. The hop-on, hop-off tour. The museum ticket. The stuff that makes your trip memorable.
We’ve got a world-class platform in place, with paying customers. Help us on-board suppliers at scale. Be part of scaling the business at a crazy pace.
We are disrupting this market from the ground-up. Building technology for it, where none exists. Unifying a broad spectrum of travel products & businesses backed by a global technology platform and distribution system.
We’ve already begun our journey with the launch of an online booking engine & backoffice system for tour & activity operators, which we’ve managed to grow 15x over the last 15 months. We’ve got a world-class platform in place, which is already being used by paying customers. Now, we’re looking to get more operators/suppliers on our platform.
To scale the business at a crazy pace.
As we scale our business, we’re looking for someone who can drive the business. We’re looking for a believer. Someone who shares our vision. Someone who can close sales, hustle for deals, and build relationships that last.
What would a typical week in this role look like:
Well, firstly we don’t think there will be a typical week in this role. Every day is going to be fairly unique and challenging, but with that caveat out of the way:
- Research and understand various travel destinations. Understand the dynamics and market-opportunity for in-destination tours for each city/region.
- Talking to and meeting suppliers. Understanding their business & products. On-boarding them to the Vacation Labs platform.
- Talking to and meeting potential candidates for your team. On-boarding, mentoring, and growing the team.
- Talking to and meeting potential distribution partners. Cracking deals to help us distribute the inventory on our platform.
- Manage the supplier acquisition funnel with a hawk’s eye. Intervene. Adjust. React. Do whatever it takes to keep the engine turning.
Who do we think would be a good fit for this role:
- About 4-7 years of experience in driving a business vertical (or SBU)
- Management degree. Preferably from a tier-A management institute.
- Sharp analytical bent of mind.
- Loves travel. Loves business. Loves traveling for business.
- Comfortable with an early-stage startup environment. Preferably worked in a startup before.
- Experience in the travel industry (contracting, supplier relations, etc.) would be a solid advantage, although not necessary.