We’re on a mission to get all travel businesses online. And we want to make it super-easy for them. Which makes it extremely hard for us.
It is hard to take a complex offline process and convert it into a few effortless clicks on the browser. Or a few taps on the mobile.
Good design and good usability are not buzz words for us. It’s our raison d’être. Our apps are second nature to our customers. And we don’t want it any other way. As we scale our business and add more products to our roadmap, we need UI/UX Designers who share our passion for simplicity. We’re looking for designers:
- Who can get into the skin of the user and come up with simple wireframes to solve a problem.
- Who are experienced with modern tools for wireframing (Balsamiq, Moqups, Inkspace, etc.) and tools for high-fidelity mockups (Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
- With excellent communication skills, who believe that copywriting is an integral part of the design process. (Have you ever obsessed on what a form field should be labelled? How best to describe WHAT to enter in a form field?)
If the thought of solving hard problems excites you; if having your fingerprints all over our core products gets you going; and if you’d like to do this working with a super-charged team in Goa; connect with us. We’re eager to hear from you.
What would a typical week, in the shoes of a UX Designer, look like:
- Discus a spec with the Product Manager. Understand the problem being solved. Question why a certain approach is being taken. Bring a fresh perspective to the table. Convince, or get convinced.
- Wireframe possible options/directions to solve the problem at hand. Clearly articulate why a particular direction works, or why it doesn’t. Brainstorm with the Product Manager. Again, convince, or get convinced.
- Pick a design direction, and now, obsess over the details – form labels, help text, tooltips, blank states, first-user walkthroughs. The whole works.
- Finally, deliver high fidelity designs.
Who do we think would be a good fit for this role:
- Someone with an analytical bent of mind
- Someone adept with at least one wireframing tool, like Balsamiq, Axure, Moqups, etc.
- Someone adept with at least one high-fidelity tool, like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Inkscape, etc.
- Someone with excellent communication skills. We believe copywriting is part of the design process, especially for this role.
- Someone who has working knowledge of HTML & CSS. If you can actually get your hands dirty and write HTML & CSS, then it’s even better.